CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

good weekend

This Labor Day weekend, I made a trip to Nashville. It was the best weekend I have had in a long time. It was full of good coffee and talking into the wee hours of night with my lovely friends and seeing flannel shirts on bearded young men around every corner. The weather was so nice - fresh fall air, crisp and cool. The people are warm, and the environment, relaxed. I can easily see myself living in a city like this. If I had to move anywhere at this moment, Nashville would be the place. But it is not time.

Among the things we did:



The Shakespeare Festival in Centennial Park: Love's Labour's Lost (a lesser known, but of course delightful, comedy from the Bard). And it was free!


Stood in line at The Pancake Pantry for one hour, passing the time with complimentary coffee and ducking in and out of a cute little store and chatting.

And it was totally worth it. Michelle with old-fashioned buttermilk, Lauren with sweet potato.


A treat from Las Paletas, a dessert popsicle shop. I had chocolate strawberry. Yum.

I was sad to leave!

2 comments:

michelle said...

i was sad to let you leave.

Jessica said...

NOOO I missed you!!! Nashville is GREAT isnt it!! come stay with me any time you want!!:)