CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

cool beans

I was walking around Books-A-Million tonight and stumbled upon one of those "fun summer reading" tables. I found four things I really wanted to purchase....but didn't.


1. A Rosetta Stone "Learn Spanish" Box Set

Pretty much the moment I arrived in Guatemala, my interest in the Spanish language was reawakened. I just love the sound of it! And, why not be bilingual? It can only help you. I know my experience there would have been even more rich if I wasn't always having to communicate with the people through a translator. Have I made any effort or taken any steps to expand my high school Spanish knowledge base? Well, not yet.


I have never heard of this book series, but I'm so intrigued. They are these thin little books that provide a thoughtful, reliable introduction to everything from "Film Music" (which really intrigued me!) to "Animal Rights" (hmm..). And they have pretty little covers (though I know we shouldn't judge them by that...). I wanted to buy them all.

3. My Listography

I have seen this book before, and every time, I want to get it. Obviously, I like lists. This notebook gives you the opportunity to record your life in lists. "10 Superpowers you've always wanted", "Nice things you've done for other people", "Favorite Games". I would just love to sit around all day....and list.

4. A brand spanking new copy of The Catcher in the Rye

I've only read it the one time, back in the 10th grade. But I remember loving it (if you don't like it, you're a phony!). It's just a classic, and I think in honor of the recently late J.D. Salinger, it's time for a reread.






1 comments:

rhodes1 said...

Those "Very Short Introductions" are so cool! I want them.