CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 2, 2010

it's 2010

Ah, fresh start. I know the fact that it is a new year does not necessarily mean we are in a new place in life, though it may for some, but I still consider it to be a fresh start, and the transition into this new year has made me especially excited. (The very first thing I did in 2010 was laugh rather wildly, so I think that's a good start.) Maybe it's because last year was kind of difficult, with the whole transitioning out of college thing. I have a whole mental list of new year's resolutions, most of which are small, but very important. For example: "Don't look at the clock so often during the workday, or at all, if possible." Another is to write more...(surprise). And there is the usual "Work out an exercise schedule and stick to it", which I have made for about the past four years. Again, I will try. : )


More excitement (having nothing to do with the fact that it is 2010): I got an Itunes gift card for Christmas and have spent about the past three days trying to find songs/albums to buy. After composing a "wish list", deleting and adding as I searched, and taking into account a few past suggestions from others, I found 16 songs that I am really excited about "getting to know" and would like to share them with you, because I think they are beautiful.

1. Cello Song - The Books, feat. Jose Gonzalez
2. Behind Your Eyes - Jon Foreman
3. White as Snow - Jon Foreman
4. From This One Place - Sara Groves
5. How Will He Find Me - Deb Talan
6. If You Find Her - Future of Forestry
7. Laden With Guilt and Full of Fears - Sandra McCracken
8. O Love Incomprehensible - Sandra McCracken
9. Thy Mercy My God - Sandra McCracken
10. Maps - Rogue Wave
11. Publish My Love - Rogue Wave
12. Moth's Wings - Passion Pit
13. Nantes - Beirut
14. This Breaks My Heart of Stone - Red Mountain Church
15. Waste Another Day - Brooke Fraser
16. Your Arms Around Me - Jens Lekman

Enjoy! Or don't. Either way.

1 comments:

rhodes1 said...

Great list! I was surprised to see Jon Foreman on there though, and now I'm going to look up some of his songs. Sorry I haven't called. I always think to call during the day but then remind myself oh yeah, she's at work. Not quite used to that, anyways, calling soon!