CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Oscar Night

I'm a little late with recording my thoughts about The Academy Awards on Sunday night, but I must share them, for it is one of my favorite events of the year.

First, let's talk awards. No real big surprises except for the fact that Avatar did not take the Best Picture title. I did have a suspicion that The Hurt Locker might sneak up and win. Has anyone actually seen this movie? I haven't heard of anyone that has, but apparently its amazing. We'll see. Second big thing...I am very happy for Sandra Bullock. I think her performance was just perfect in The Blind Side. Honestly though, I think Gabourey Sidibe as Precious was even more perfect. I watched that movie for the second time last night, and I just can't get over how realistic her character is. After seeing her in interviews and on the Red Carpet, I am even more convinced of her acting skills, since she is absolutely nothing like Precious (her voice especially!). But way to go Sandy! And didn't she look like an Academy Award winner? Beautiful.

Favorite moment of the night: The John Hughes tribute. As I've already mentioned, I loooove John Hughes movies. Sixteen Candles and The Breakfast Club were probably the first movies that I recognized as "favorites". Though his movies were never what we would call Oscar-worthy (though I think they maybe should have been!), he was still an important figure in Hollywood, and I was touched they highlighted him with a tribute at the awards.

Now, on to fashion.

Favorite Dresses


Demi Moore


Rachel McAdams

Anna Kendrick

Overall Favorite Look of the Night


Sandra Bullock

...and Dresses I Had Problems with


Charlize Theron

Sarah Jessica Parker


Undecided


Zoe Saldana

But...I want to say it worked for her. I love the colors. Those kind of look like pom-poms, though.

That was fun! I need to blog more often. Someone hold me accountable!

0 comments: